Dear Parents, Staff, Students and Friends,
In my final Newsletter as College Principal, I wish to publicly thank and acknowledge those many staff members, students, parents, families and ‘friends’ who have contributed so much to making the 2010 school year at Rupertswood so memorable and successful.
In particular, however, I would like to congratulate the following:
- The members of the College Leadership Team: Dr Michael Grace, Mr Tullio Zavattiero, Ms Helen O’Keefe and Mr Sean Portelli.
- Fr Peter Monaghan, the College Rector, and the members of the Salesian Religious Community.
- The Principal’s Secretary, Mrs Debbie Garner.
- The Senior Teachers, House Coordinators, Key Learning Area Coordinators and other Coordinators, Administrators and Leaders.
- The members of the teaching, counselling, library, ICT, office, administrative, technical, pathways, first aid, grounds and maintenance, farm, canteen, cleaning, uniform shop and stadium staff.
- The members of the College Council, Consultative Committee, Presentation
- Night Committee, Parents and Friends Association, Rupertswood Sports Management Committee and Rupertswood
BatteryBoard of Management
- The College Captains, Vice Captains, House Captains, House Leaders and Captains and Leaders of various sporting, cultural and extra-curricular activities.
- Parents who assisted with hosting of LOTE exchange students, Presentation
- Ball, Annual Production, Past Pupils and Staff Reunion, library activities, canteen duties, technology classes, raffle and fundraising activities, second-hand book sale, school and house activities, liturgical celebrations and sporting and club activities.
- All those involved in the completion of The Oswald Learning Centre, the refurbishment of the Fr James Carroll Centre, the installation of Computers, the renewal of the ‘Ashes’ Oval, and so many other worthwhile projects.
- Finally, all who contributed to the significant success of such outstanding end-of year events as the Year 12 Graduation Mass and Dinner, the Final Masses for Years 10 and Year 11, the House Captains’ Leadership Camp, the Dance Display Evening and the Music Night.
On your behalf, I also bid a fond farewell to all those students, staff, parents and families who are concluding their time at Rupertswood, and I extend a warm welcome to my successor, Mr Mark Brockhus.
In conclusion, I wish you all a very safe and restful holiday period and a VERY HAPPY AND HOLY CHRISTMAS.
Yours in Saint John Bosco,
Fr Greg Chambers sdb
Source: Salesian College, Subury