During the recent General Council meeting in Rome, five new provincials for the East Asia Oceania Region [EAO] were appointed. They are:
- Fr Godo Atienza for Philippine South Province
- Fr Mario Yamanouchi for Japanese Province
- Fr Virgilio Da Silva for Indonesia-East Timor Province
- Fr Charles Saw Thi Han Lwin for Myanmar Province
- Fr Joseph Nguyen Van Quang for Vietnam province.
A provincial is a leader of a Salesian province that includes one country or a couple of them. The term of office for a provincial is six years.
The new provincials will take on their office and be officially installed within the next few months. Fr Vaclav Klement, the Regional Superior, asks for your prayer and support to these new leaders. They will also be having a personal meeting with the Rector Major within the first few months of their office.
The Australian-Pacific Province that includes Australia, Samoa, Fiji and New Zealand is part of the EAO Region. Fr Greg Chambers is the provincial of the Australian-Pacific province serving in the fourth year of his term.